Join the “How I Got Funded” series co-hosted by Wharton Alumni Angels (WAA) and Wharton Alumnae Founders and Funders Association (WAFFA) to learn from a panelist of early-stage founders and funders on how the1st institutional funding deal is made!
On Sept 30th, we will be talking to a panelist of founders who recently got funded through WAA or WAFFA, and funders who funded those deals. You will be taking a “behind the curtains” view of how a VC deal was made. We will also share how you can engage and get funding help from WAA and WAFFA.
- Byungsoo Kim, Founder & CEO of Motion2AI – Warehouse mobility management & orchestration. WAA’s first $1M investment.
- Marina Tarasova, Co-founder & COO of Paloma Health – Online medical practice for hypothyroidism offering easy access to thyroid specialists, medical guidance & prescription. Got funded through WAFFA – Red & Blue Ventures partnership.
- Michael Aronson, Co-founder and Managing Director of Red & Blue Ventures
- John Braze, President & Foundering Member of WAA
- Alice Zhang, Co-founder & BOD of WAFFA
Founded in 2016, Wharton Alumni Angels is an active angel investment group composed of University of Pennsylvania alumni and non-Penn alumni who have joined our community. Our members are entrepreneurs, senior business executives, and institutional investors with a global reach. Our members are located on every continent and invest in start-ups worldwide.
The Wharton Alumnae Founders & Funders Association (WAFFA) is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our mission is to accelerate the success of Penn Wharton female founders and investors. Today, 13% of Penn founders are women but they raise just 6% of venture capital. WAFFA harnesses the power of the Penn Wharton network to educate, support, and foster connections for female founders and funders.